25th November 2021 : The Smart-Lab project, coordinated by Pr. Willand Nicolas, won the public prize at the 2021 edition of the Hauts-de-France Force Awards.
14th december 2021 : Drug discovery day, Séminaire du parcours Master Sciences du Médicament et des Produts de Santé.
U1177 fights antimicrobial resistance : AIDD group is committed
Therapeutic Innovation : Discovery Across Boundaries
U1177 (formerly U761), directed by Pr. Benoit Deprez, is dedicated to drug design, discovery and selection.
The Lab's mission is to design and study compounds that modulates selected molecular targets in a desired way to treat infectious and metabolic diseases.
Our projects engage researchers across physical, chemical and biological sciences to trade ideas and knowledge and sincerely endeavor to validate new therapeutic concepts with drug prototypes and bring drugs candidates to the clinic.
- Developing cutting edge methods for quantitative pharmacology (High Content Screening, Pharmacokinetics)
- Designing the next generation of anti-TB antibiotics : ethionamide boosters.
- Deciphering the role(s) of Insulin Degrading Enzyme in diabetes with several families of modulators.
- Modulating the molecular interplay between intestine, liver and muscles with TGR5 ligands to treat diabetes.
- Developing small chemical modulators of antigenic presentation.
We are open to any type of collaboration with biologists or chemist from academia and industry where medicinal chemistry, in vitro pharmacology and pharmacokinetics enable or accelerate the translation of new therapeutic concept into drug discovery.
Our researchers are committed to the highest standards of scientific quality and integrity in everything they do. We use up-to date electronic lab books to sustainably capitalize knowledge and facilitate collaborations between multiple research sites.
Most of our researchers are also faculty members who teach in PharmD and MSc courses in pharmacy, drug discovery, medicinal chemistry, organic chemistry, and R&D strategies.