UMR1177: Drugs and Molecules for Living Systems
PhD in medicinal chemistry for a lecturer/postdoc position
We are seeking for a young medicinal chemistry PhD for a lecturer in medicinal chemistry and postdoc research. Ideally the candidate should be be a pharmacist or have an experience in the industry. The position starts in Sept 2018 for 12 months. The application is opened till May the 4th. See enclosed profile. Please contact Pr R. Deprez-Poulain for more information.
Reversion of antibiotic resistance by SMARt-420
Read U1177 and U1019 paper in Science:
Blondiaux, N., et al. Reversion of antibiotic resistance in M. tuberculosis by SMARt-420. Science,2017, 355(6330): 1206-1211. doi:10.1126/science.aag1006
- Science Mag : Biological version of malware reverses antibiotic resistance in TB
- Nat. Chem. Biol :Out-SMARting drug resistance
- Nat. Rev. Drug Disc. : Reversing resistance
- NEJM : Reviving a Drug for Tuberculosis?
- Le Monde : Tuberculose multirésistante : un vieil antibiotique ressuscité
- C&EN : Reversing resistance to a tuberculosis antibiotic
Therapeutic Innovation : Discovery Across Boundaries
U1177 (formerly U761), directed by Pr. Benoit Deprez, is dedicated to drug design, discovery and selection.
The Lab's mission is to design and study compounds that modulates selected molecular targets in a desired way to treat infectious and metabolic diseases.
Our projects engage researchers across physical, chemical and biological sciences to trade ideas and knowledge and sincerely endeavor to validate new therapeutic concepts with drug prototypes and bring drugs candidates to the clinic.
- Developing cutting edge methods for quantitative pharmacology (High Content Screening, Pharmacokinetics)
- Designing the next generation of anti-TB antibiotics : ethionamide boosters.
- Deciphering the role(s) of Insulin Degrading Enzyme in diabetes with several families of modulators.
- Modulating the molecular interplay between intestine, liver and muscles with TGR5 ligands to treat diabetes.
- Developing small chemical modulators of antigenic presentation.
We are open to any type of collaboration with biologists or chemist from academia and industry where medicinal chemistry, in vitro pharmacology and pharmacokinetics enable or accelerate the translation of new therapeutic concept into drug discovery.
Our researchers are committed to the highest standards of scientific quality and integrity in everything they do. We use up-to date electronic lab books to sustainably capitalize knowledge and facilitate collaborations between multiple research sites.
Most of our researchers are also faculty members who teach in PharmD and MSc courses in pharmacy, drug discovery, medicinal chemistry, organic chemistry, and R&D strategies.
U1177 has received the above national accreditations for:
- PAI for Equipex Imaginex BioMed
- Prize for innovating enterprise APTΞEUS
- Ibisa label for the screening, ADME and chemistry platform (CDithem)
New Positions available!
URGENT : 1 ATER in MEDICINAL CHEMISTRY.
Dead line 4th of May 2018 (start 1st Sept2018)
Montaigne, D., et al Daytime variation of perioperative myocardial injury in cardiac surgery and its prevention by Rev-Erbalpha antagonism: . Lancet,2017 in press
Hermant, et al MedChem Toolbox to control Stability of Hydroxamic Acids. J. Med. Chem ,2017 in press
Boiteau, J.-G., et al TACE inhibitor for topical treatment of psoriasis. Bioorg. Med. Chem.2017. link
Dequirez, G., et al. µwave-assisted Suzuki to 3-Arylazetidine. ChemistrySelect,2017. link
Costa-Gouveia, J., et al Pulmonary administration of ETH and Booster nanoparticles. Sci. Rep.,2017. link
Lasalle, M., et al. Topical Intestinal TGR5 modulators. J.Med.Chem ,2017, link
- Blondiaux, N., et al. Reversion of antibiotic MTb resistance by SMARt-420. Science,2017,link
Ouvry, G., et al TACE inhibitors. Biorg. Med. Chem. lett ,2017, link
Mpakali, A., et al. Crystal Structures of ERAP2 ACS Med. Chem. Lett. ,2017. link
Latest Press & News
- Pierre Fabre laboratories and the French Medicinal Chemistry Society (SCT) have awarded the
Pierre Fabre Award for Therapeutic Innovation to
Pr Benoit Deprez
- Our app MedChem structures genius is available online and free on stores!